It can be hard enough to find your "purpose" in the best of times - and it's a whole other level of challenging when you're reckoning with the prospect of ecological and societal breakdown. My interviewee for this Full Moon episode, Gwyneth Jones, describes herself as a "Deep Adaptation Coach," serving as a life coach for people who are aware of our collective predicament.
She's rising to her role in the Great Turning also as a writer, a gardener, a teacher of her native language, Welsh, and a connector, having one-on-one conversations with people around the world in her interview series, "The Story Anew."
- what "Deep Adaptation" is, and the 4 R's of Resilience, Relinquishment, Restoration, and Reconciliation
- the stories we tell about what's happening in our world right now
- shifts in consciousness Gwyneth has noticed at home in Wales, and in conversations with people from the Philippines to the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- helping people tap into a feeling of calling, duty or mission (and how it's more than okay to have more than one, and have your work be hard to describe!)
- and teaching the Welsh language in connection with decolonization, as people reconnect with nature-loving ancestral cultures in the British Isles.
I read the "Deep Adaptation" paper myself for the first time early this year, and it's had a profound effect on me. Gwyneth is someone who has integrated these considerations into her personal and professional life, and she remains so full of vitality and love. I'm very happy to be connected with her as we all meet these times together. Enjoy the conversation.
Listen and find links to connect with Gwyneth, hear the TED Talk she mentions, and learn more about Deep Adaptation and connect with community at: turningseason.com/episode25
Check out my upcoming program, Healing Season, to help you find balance in your personal health, how you relate to your pain for the world, and your role in the Great Turning. This program draws from Chinese Medicine's wisdom about how our emotions and physical health relate, and includes learning qigong and practicing the Work that Reconnects: leilaninavar.com/healingseason
Turning Season Podcast is your regular dose of Active Hope in the Great Turning, bringing you news and deep conversations about our adventure toward a life-honoring, life-sustaining way of being human on earth. This show is for every one of you who's awake to our multiple crises, feels your love for life on Earth, and chooses to participate in cultivating ways of life we can believe in, making a life-honoring present, even in the face of an uncertain future.
Hosted by Leilani Navar, a facilitator of the Work that Reconnects, an acupuncturist and dreamworker, and a believer in the power of conversation.
Originally published at turningseason.com.